Tuesday, January 15, 2013

4 Quarters

Some things you can't purchase at the thrift store, my first approach. Secondly, I try the Dollar Store (where everything is  $1), and Third - if all else fails, I shop Big Lots or Wal-mart (pure torture).

I make a trip a couple times a month, standard on my list are the following:
Dryer Sheets
Liquid Fabric Softener (refills), I pour them into my own jug
Paper Plates
Candy - we never buy candy at the theatre!
Holiday Decor
Soup
Gift Wrap
Gum
Dollar Store version "Pedialyte" - we always have several bottles on hand!

Lately, I have scored a couple of great finds:
A "clip-on" book light  - perfect for Chase's Crib, so he can't do a bit of reading before bedtime
Books, Bibles, Coloring Books
French Toast Sticks - name brand!
Sour Cream-name brand!
Stocking Stuffers
Helium Balloons

Not Suggested:
Candles, I like candles that have great scents - these don't
Dish Towels
Paper towels
Toilet Paper
Anything electronic
Laundry Detergent - but, I make my own - link below! This has saved me lots of $$$$, and its great!
http://www.lizmarieblog.com/2012/05/diy-laundry-soap/

I save 50-75% (compared to WallyWorld) - worth the extra trip!

Washing soda and Borax
Here is a great blog on Dollar Store Finds!
http://www.holy-craft.com/2012/03/what-not-to-buy-at-dollar-store-part.html

This one is great - 100 ideas for toys from the Dollar Store!
http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2012/05/100-things-you-can-purchase-from-dollar.html

~Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment